PostgreSQL Handling of Special Characters

От Christian Paul B. Cosinas
Тема PostgreSQL Handling of Special Characters
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL Handling of Special Characters  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi to all,

I am currently using PostgreSQL 8.0.3
My Database uses SQL_ASCII encoding.

I have a program in Visual Basic that connects to PostgreSQL using ODBC
Connection through File DSN.

I insert a text in one fields of my table.
For example, I insert a special character to that field.
Let's say a character of 150 ASCII code. Which looks like a hypen.

When I retrieve the value of that field it gives me a question mark
character instead of that  150 ASCII code character.

What could be the possible reason of this?
Is there a setting in the database configuration to understand that such
special characters?

Please..I really need an answer to this..

Thanks You.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: