Re: memory allocation in postgres

От Kjetil Haaland
Тема Re: memory allocation in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>> The problem is, when i allocate memory in some of the other functions it
>> is
>> null the first time i call it, and thats correct, but the next time i
>> call
>> the same function, what was inserted in the last round is still there.
>
> Isn't that what you just said you wanted?

No and yes, in the first function i wanted it to last, but in the next i
want it to go away, so my question is how do i free the memory, so that next
time i call the function in the same session the pointer that points to the
char value, points to a null value or nothing?

-Kjetil

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postgis compile question
От: "Jeff Flowers"
Сообщение: Re: Using PostgreSQL As A Personal Database