Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading?

От Robert John Shepherd
Тема Best ODBC cursor and lock types for fastest reading?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I access Postgresql through the ODBC driver, and always only read small
recordsets (never updating them) with forward cursors.

The following options are defined in ADO with which I can create a
recordset with:

Cursor types:
adOpenForwardOnly        (what I currently use)
adOpenKeyset
adOpenDynamic
adOpenStatic

Lock types:
adLockReadOnly
adLockPessimistic
adLockOptimistic        (what I currently use)
adLockBatchOptimistic

Do any of these offer a performance gain over others? I used to use
adLockReadOnly with MS-SQL which really sped things up but this doesn't
seem to work at all under Postgresql and I've been using
adLockOptimistic instead.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor