Re: OSCON 2002 Slides and Thoughts

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: OSCON 2002 Slides and Thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-general

BTW for the guy who asked if my results on Slide #17 were cached from the index, when I re-ran the query, I received the same results!

Gavin

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Gavin M. Roy
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 6:41 PM
To:
pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] OSCON 2002 Slides and Thoughts

Hey all, some of the attendees of my session at the OSCON on Wednesday asked me for my slides and so I thought I would post them here if anyone else can find value in them.  They can be found at http://www.gavinroy.com/oscon2002/

Anyway now that I’ve done that, let me tell you how great it was to be there.  I was lucky enough to have both Bruce and Tom sit in on my session, and to talk with them both.  Great guys, and Bruce did a stand up job on the Open Source Database Roundtable, in an environment slanted towards MySQL (with the host being the PR guy for MySQL).  Though they did slight some of the more commercial aspects of PostgreSQL I found them to be both friendly and open to the spirit of community, and very hostile to trolls and flamers.  You could imagine my surprise to walk in and find friendly banter between Monty and Tom and Bruce after all the flame wars, but they were very much above that.  I heard I missed a great session given by Bruce the previous day, and a good one on replication the day after.  It was cool putting a face to some of the people on the list, and I’m sure I’ll see you all there next year!

Cheers,

Gavin M. Roy