Re: Catalogs design question

От Steve Howe
Тема Re: Catalogs design question
Дата
Re: Catalogs design question  (Haller Christoph <ch@rodos.fzk.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers

(http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/arrays.html):

> In the contrib/ directory are procedures to search arrays for values.
> This may help.

Thanks for the tip, but in fact I've seen them (and they're listed on the
same document I pointed on the original message).
These are sequential (slow) searches, and can't be indexed. in resume:
nothing but another crude hack :). I could even use it, but I can';t tell my
users "oh this feature works but you must compile this contrib code inyo
your servers". Many users can't do it, and many don't even know how to do it
:(

Best Regards,
Steve Howe