Re: [ADMIN] Backup database through web and php

От Radu-Adrian Popescu
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Backup database through web and php
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
You could set the authentification method to "trust" for the host the script is being run from, so you won't get a password prompt at all (see the pg_hba.conf file).

----- Original Message -----
From: Lau NH
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 05:01
Subject: [ADMIN] Backup database through web and php

Hi all,
   I am writing a php script to backup my postgres database through web interface, but my database is password required.  When I do a pg_dump at the linux shell prompt, it will prompt for password in order to backup the database, does anyone know how to pass this password with the pg_dump command together so that I can do it using php system call?