Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails

От Robert John Shepherd
Тема Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bit of a problem here, am regularly backing up my database with
pg_dumpall, which works fine.

However when I attempt a restore on another box, things go rather
pearshaped, and I'm pretty sure this is because I am using tsearch from
the contrib directory.

I've tried adding tsearch.sql to the template1 db, in case that helped,
which it didn't. :/

I get lots of these during the restore:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ikebe"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ne"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ad"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "phane"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "rgaard"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "gnes"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "e"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "otis"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "gis"
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "rald"
Query buffer reset (cleared).
invalid command \n
Query buffer reset (cleared).
invalid command \n<p
Query buffer reset (cleared).
invalid command \n<p
Query buffer reset (cleared).
invalid command \n<p
Query buffer reset (cleared).

I'm presuming all of these relate to the way pg_dump creates scripts for
the tsearch fields.

This could make restoring my database rather tricky if I ever have to do
this for real. :o

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.