Re: Escaping strings for inclusion into SQL queries

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Escaping strings for inclusion into SQL queries
Дата
Re: Escaping strings for inclusion into SQL queries  (Florian Weimer <Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Perhaps I'm not thinking correctly but isn't it the job of the application
that's using the libpq library to escape special characters? I guess I don't
see a down side though, if it's implemented correctly to check and see if
characters are already escaped before escaping them (else major breakage of
existing application would occur).. I didn't see the patch but I assume that
someone took a look to make sure before applying it.

-Mitch