Re: Password authentication failed

От Jan Bilek
Тема Re: Password authentication failed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Connect to PostgreSql as Postgres user (default database user):

psql yourdb -U Postgres

then you will be asked for password selected during the installation.

Hope this will help.

JB

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] Password authentication failed

Hi!

I am a complete newbee to Postgres. Have installed Postgres on Windows 2003 server SP1 a week back. When I try to log-in to the server (by writting psql mydb at command prompt in postgres/bin directory), I keep getting a message "psal: FATAL: password authentication failed for user"Administrator".

I have installed Postgres as an Administrator and log-in to the server as administrator. I don't think I am making mistake in entering the password.

It's quite frustrating. Will someone please help?

Thanks and regards
Vedsur

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.