Re: Weird query plans for my queries,

От Arjen van der Meijden
Тема Re: Weird query plans for my queries,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I suppose you meant running this:

explain SELECT F_Topics.TopicID,F_Topics.StatusID, F_Users.UserID
FROM F_Topics JOIN F_Users ON F_Topics.UserID = F_Users.UserID
WHERE ((F_Topics.StatusID IN(1) AND F_Topics.Deleted = false AND
F_Topics.ForumID = 15) OR (F_Topics.Lastmessage > '2002-08-01
23:27:03+02' AND F_Topics.Deleted =
false AND F_Topics.ForumID = 15))

Did indeed produce the required query plan, even after adding a second
(left) join to the F_Users table.
You might like to know that mysql takes around 330ms to complete the
above query, after allowing it to fetch and cache anything it wants
(initial runs take over half a second, which is why we chose the
separate queries) while postgresql on the same machines finishes it in
12ms...

The mysql-multi-query variant takes around 45ms of time for the queries,
while the single query postgresvariant (including more advanced results
and another join) does the same thing in the same time.
Though with much less code-iterations involved.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Arjen van der Meijden