pgAgent authentication problem

От Együd Csaba (Freemail)
Тема pgAgent authentication problem
Дата
Re: pgAgent authentication problem  ("Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha" <ezequias.rocha@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
[Sorry if this post arrives twice. I have problems with my news reader.]

Hi ,
I installed pgAdmin3 1.6 on WindowsXP SP2. The postgres 8.1.4 server is
running on localhost (port=54814).
I try to test pgAgent before I switch it to production.

I realized that everithing works well when I put a password="xxx" into the
connection string during service INSTALL.
INSTALL command:
pgagent INSTALL PgAgent -u postgres -p ABCD -l 2 hostaddr=127.0.0.1
dbname=postgres user=postgres password="ZZZZZ" port=54814

BUT
When I try to use pgpass.conf the service reports this: "Couldn't create
connection: fe_sendauth: no password supplied".
(My pgpass.conf is in "C:\Documents and Settings\Csaba\Application
Data\postgresql" folder.)
it's contents:
localhost:54814:*:postgres:ZZZZZ
localhost:54814:*:Csaba:XXXXXX

INSTALL comand:
pgagent INSTALL PgAgent -u postgres -p ABCD -l 2 hostaddr=127.0.0.1
dbname=postgres user=postgres port=54814

It seems pgagent is not able to find pgpass.conf. BTW, PgAdmin uses it
correctly.
What could be the problem? A bug or more likely a misconfiguration?

Many thanks,

-- Csaba Együd