RE : COPY with null

От Luc ROLLAND
Тема RE : COPY with null
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,

You find here how to load data with postgreSQL 7.3.1a on Windows XP :

COPY APPELOFR
FROM 'C:/Temp/APPELOFR.txt'
WITH
        DELIMITER AS '\t'
        NULL AS 'NULL'
;

You must code your null data (numeric and/or character) as NULL in the text
files.

Luc ROLLAND

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] De la part de Karen Smallwood
Envoyé : mercredi 5 novembre 2003 21:27
À : pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Objet : [NOVICE] COPY with null

I have seen this question asked, but the answer doesn't seem to have worked
for the other person or myself.  I have several files I need to copy into
postgres and if I try
COPY compmstr from '/user/local/testfile' using delimiters '\t' with null as
'' (or '\N' or '\t\t' or anything else);
I get ERROR:  copy: line 1, Bad numeric input format '' (or whatever I
used).  I am using files that can have numeric nulls and/or character nulls

Anyone figure this one out?  I'm on 7.3.2

Karen Smallwood
Programmer/Analyst
Mighty Distributing System of America, Inc.
650 Engineering Drive
Norcross, Georgia 30092
(770) 448-3900
(770) 446-8627 fax