Re: Jabber Interface

От Aspire
Тема Re: Jabber Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Bruce and others ,

Thanks For the responce and your kind help
I have a little problem i hope you would be intrested in troubleshooting it

I am using plperl  and
NET::Jabber  for the postgresql  connection to jabber and walah!! it realy
connects and sends messages to all the targets users.

I have created a function
pgjabber(text,text) as following
<code>
CREATE FUNCTION "public"."pgjabber" (text, text) RETURNS text AS'
#This module helps to deliver message to the jabber user
#usage pgjabber(touser@server,message);
use Net::Jabber qw(Client);
$toid = $_[0]; # the target uset
$body = $_[1]; # the message for that ass
my $jabconn = Net::Jabber::Client->new();
$jabconn->Connect( "hostname" => "someserver.who","port" => 5222 ) or die
"Cannot connect ($!)\\n";
my @result = $jabconn->AuthSend( "username" =>
''sender@some.who'',"password" => "why_to_tell '',"resource" => ''work'' );
my $msg = Net::Jabber::Message->new();
$msg->SetMessage( "to"=> $toid,"subject" => "Money Deduction","body"=>
$body );
$jabconn->Send($msg);
$jabconn->Disconnect();
return sucess;
'LANGUAGE 'plperl' VOLATILE CALLED ON NULL INPUT SECURITY INVOKER;
</code>
Yes the  the langauge was duly created  and instaled perl is 5.6.1 on RH 7.2
i386 ,gcc 3.x, Postgresql 7.3.4

Now My problem is that if i use this function pgjabber(text,text) for
sending 1 message at a time then it works
if I use this function in a loop of      plpgsql function   it does not
executes more than 4  times also
if i do "Select pgjabber(someplace@server,message); " 10 number of times as
a consecutive query it only executes and delivers message for 4 time and at
5 instance it returns the error
<error>

plperl: error from function:    (in cleanup) Cannot connect ()

</error>

Would be greatful to any soul who comes to help :-)))

Regards to All readers,
Aspire .