Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service

От Dave Steenburg
Тема Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
I'm running on Windows XP Home version, using Cygwin 1.3.14-1, PostgreSQL 7.2.3, and the ipc-daemon in Cygipc 1.11-1.  I have followed the instructions in usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.2.3.README.  I put it into a small script file that looks like:

    ipc-daemon --install-as-service
    cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data -i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown
    mkdir /usr/share/postgresql/data
    chown postgres /usr/share/postgresql/data
    initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data
    net start ipc-daemon
    net start postmaster
Yet when the script gets to "net start ipc-daemon" I get the message:
    The Cygwin IPC Daemon service is starting.
    The Cygwin IPC Daemon service could not be started.

So, of course, trying to start the postmaster service also failed.  When I tried going through the Service Manager to start ipc-daemon, it said the service on Local System "started then stopped" and suggested "Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do"

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Dave