Re: PHP Abstraction Layer - Your Opinion Please

От Matthew Nuzum
Тема Re: PHP Abstraction Layer - Your Opinion Please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I am currently looking for PHP database access abstraction layer which
> supports PostgreSQL.
>
> The choices are:
> 1) adodb
> 2) metabase
> 3) MDB - merge of PEAR and metabase
> 4) PEAR only

I really like adodb.  It is a very strong, stable and mature OO library
that is extremely easy for novice programmers to pick up.

Additionally, because it is so similar to Microsoft's ADO library, you
will find other benefits as well.  For example, I recently had to "whip
up" a simple visual basic program and found that I already knew how to
do much of the database stuff because of my familiarity with adodb.

According to the author of adodb, it's also faster than the other three
db abstraction libraries.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org

От: Greg Copeland
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] C++ coding assistance request for a visualisation
От: "Zeeshan Anwar"
Сообщение: Query