Re: auto increment primary key

От Marin Dimitrov
Тема Re: auto increment primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: "impala"

> I created a table, want the integer/varchar primary
> key column to be incremented automatically when
> inserted a new row. How do I define the table to do
> that? I tried AUTO_INCREMENT and INCREMENT but
> postgres accept none of them.

search docs for "sequence" and "serial"

how do u increment a varchar?

    Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "