help with creating an opclass for a new data type

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема help with creating an opclass for a new data type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
i've created a simple phone number data type to simplify and standardize
input/output of phone numbers and also allow for comparisons of 7 digit and
10 digit phone numbers that make more sense (a phone number without an area
code is equal to that number in every area code, as far as i'm concerned).
this is my first attempt at creating my own type and after looking at and
hacking up other contributed code, i've figured out enough to get this
working fairly well.

that was the easy part.  now i want to make an op class so i can index the
field.  again, after looking through and hacking the sql script for another
contributed data type, i thought i had everything set up right.  i'm able to
create the index just fine (i think -- it doesn't give me any error
messages), but any time i do a select that can take advantage of the index,
i got the following error:

postgres=> select * from test_numbers where pn='659-9232';
ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed

i looked throught the mail lists, but i'm still not quite sure what this
message means.  can some one tell me what this message means?  i'll attach
the files that i'm using to do create and test it.  it's a fairly small
file, so i hope it's not too disruptive for the list.

thanks,

jeff
jeff@remapcorp.com

Вложения