Considerations for running current cvs pgsql and pgsql release on same machine?

От Robert B. Easter
Тема Considerations for running current cvs pgsql and pgsql release on same machine?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm wanting to run pgsql 7.0.3 release and pgsql current cvs on the same
machine without them conflicting (if possible).  Can someone explain what I
should look out for when trying to do this?

I assume I'll have to configure --with-pgport=5433 (something other than
5432).

How will the use of the environment variables PGDATA and PGLIB be affected if
I have them still pointing at the release version?

I'm wanting to begin keeping an updated pgsql-cvs installation running and
maybe get active in working on the sources.  Maybe I can start out with
documentation stuff.  I've been following this list long enough and still
enjoy it so I want to try towards contributing stuff.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -