Re: Invoice number

От Kaare Rasmussen
Тема Re: Invoice number
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> What do you do on the following scenario:

I don't enter !

> Client 1 is placing an order, gets invoice #1.

Wrong! He gets an order number

> Client 1 changes mind and cancels order.  Invoice #1 is not used.  Invoice
> #2 is.
> Client 3 comes along.  Do they use invoice #1, out of order, or invoice #3?

If Invoice 1 is cancelled for some reason, it is still an invoice. The right
thing is to produce a credit note to balance off the cancelled invoice.

For smaller quantities, I believe it is OK just to file the cancelled invoice
with a clear note that it's been cancelled. But I have a feeling my
accountant doesn't agree :-)

Howitzvej 75               �ben 14.00-18.00        Email: kar@webline.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        L�rdag 11.00-17.00       Web:      www.suse.dk