Re: logs

От Martin A. Marques
Тема Re: logs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El Mié 20 Dic 2000 09:11, Roderick A. Anderson escribió:

> Two possiblities.  1) is the file writeable by the postgres user and 2) do
> you have logrotate running.  Postmaster keeps a tight tie to the log file
> it is started with so even if the file is changed/moved by logrotate the
> logging continues to the original file.  I've resorted to using a

Answer to 1): The file is owned by postgres

drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         2048 Dec 17 04:02 ./
drwxr-xr-x  19 root     root         1024 Apr 17  2000 ../
-rw-------   1 root     root        30744 Dec 20 12:10 cron
-rw-------   1 root     root        60456 Dec 17 04:02 cron.1
-rw-------   1 root     root        64365 Dec 10 04:02 cron.2
-rw-------   1 root     root        62189 Dec  3 04:02 cron.3
-rw-------   1 root     root        62529 Nov 26 04:02 cron.4
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         2226 Dec 13 20:39 dmesg
-rwx------   1 postgres postgres        0 Dec 17 04:02 postgresql*
-rwx------   1 postgres postgres       33 Dec 10 04:02 postgresql.1.gz*
-rwx------   1 postgres postgres       33 Dec  3 04:02 postgresql.2.gz*

Now, why is the postgresql log exacutable, and why does the rotate gzip it,
while others are not?

>     postrotate
>         /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres restart
>     endscript

Answer to 2) is that all I have is syslogd and klogd running. Logrotate is
running on the cron.

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.