Re: function that return multiple fields and rows

От Robert B. Easter
Тема Re: function that return multiple fields and rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 11 December 2000 06:46, Wooi K wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I would like to write a function that returns multiple rows and multiple
> fields, something like this.  I know the syntax is probably wrong, any
> helps would be appreciated.
>
> CREATE FUNCTION GetGuestbookMessages (int4) RETURNS SETOF VARCHAR AS
> '
>         SELECT guestname, guestemail FROM GuestbookMessages WHERE UserId =
> $1 ' LANGUAGE 'sql';
>
> notice that I want to return more than one field and more than one record
> in the above function.  Thanks.
>
> wooi.

Why do you need this SELECT to be wrapped inside of a function?  Why not just
use your SELECT directly?  From where would you call this function (if it
could be made, which I don't think it can)?

--
-------- Robert B. Easter  reaster@comptechnews.com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board   http://www.comptechnews.com/ -