pg_restore very slow

От Laurent Michel
Тема pg_restore very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
I have a pg database dump (c format) and i want to install it on
cygwin/postgresql machines. The dump is 140 MB big.

I was used to install it on windows clients with the command :
pg_restore -d mydb -ROxv -L mylist mydump
and it took about 1 hour or 2 maximum.

Now when I issue the same command it takes more than ONE DAY for the
dump to be fully restored.

The only change I can think of is that I upgraded my Debian Linux server
(from wich the dump comes) from pg 7.2 to pg 7.3. The
cygwin/cygipc/postgresql is the same on clients side.

I changed pg shared buffers to half of the clients RAM, and tried to
modify pg_restore options ... nothing helped.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,
Laurent