Connection pooling

От Robert John Shepherd
Тема Connection pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I still suffer from a problem relating to connection pooling with the
ODBC driver.

I have a finite number of connections allowed on my pgsql server which
is ample for my website 99% of the time. However whenever there is an
interruption of network data between my web server and db server, this
seems to result in a sudden huge increase in connection attempts which
quickly exceeds the number available.

This also happens whenever I do something that ties up the db server for
any length of time on a single query, such as rebuilding tsearch

I'm presuming this is related to our website users getting frustrated
and clicking refresh, causing a new connection attempt each time.

Is this a valid assessment of the situation? And if so is there any
solution?

I'd far rather my web server just waited for an existing connection to
become available when its at the limit than get an instant refusal. :/
Slow webpages are better than no webpages or ones with errors all over
them (or in our case ones inviting our users to email us and let us know
its borked!).

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp@robertsworld.org.uk

Сообщение: Re: how to connect to a remote dbase using psql odbc