Re: VACUUM not doing its job?

От Sander Steffann
Тема Re: VACUUM not doing its job?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> This is not good as the database is in use 24/7, and without the indexes
> everything comes to a screeching halt. This means I probably will have to
> stop the programs using the database for the time it takes to re-create
the
> indexes; this is better than having to dump/restore everything however :)

You can try using REINDEX instead of dropping and creating the index. It
takes an exclusive lock on the table (instead of a write-lock during CREATE
INDEX) so your application will have to wait during reindex, but maybe it is
faster... When you use the reindexdb script in the contrib dir you can even
put it in a crontab.

Sander

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: