RE: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generatedfilename

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: OK, OK, Hiroshi's right: use a seperately-generatedfilename
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

It seems to me that the following 1)2) has always been mixed up.
IMHO,they should be distinguished clearly.

1) Where the table is stored   Currently PostgreSQL relies on relname -> filename mapping   rule to access *existent*
relationsand doesn't have this   information in its database. Our(Tom,Ross,me) proposal is to   keep the
information(token)in pg_class and provide a standard   transactional control mechanism for the change of table file
allocation.By doing it we would be able to be free from table   allocation(naming) rule.   Isn't it a kind of thing why
wehaven't had it from the first ?

2) Where to store the table   Yes,TABLE(DATA)SPACE should encapsulate this concept.
I want the decision about 1) first. Ross has already tried it without
2).

Comments ?

As for 2) every one seems to have each opinion and the discussion
has always been divergent.   Please don't discard 1) together.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp