postgres blobs and PHP

От Martin A. Marques
Тема postgres blobs and PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I know I bothered with this, but I just don't get it.
Lets say I have a test table like this in a certain database:

CREATE TABLE test (
id_test        SERIAL,
blob_text    oid
);

Now I want to insert a good chunk of text in the blob_text field with PHP.
PHP has some postgres functions like pg_locreate, pg_lowrite, pg_loread, etc,
but it never specifies the table and it doesn't specify the field in the
table.
Now how does php know where to write the chunk of text (or the image, or
whatever)?
Can someone give me a hand?

TIA.

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar