Backup

От Alejandro Fernandez
Тема Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

Having had a security problem, I recently backed up (with postgresql-dump)  a
database I had with group and user privileges set on it.

Once I dealt with the problem I tried to reload the dump with

\i database.out

only to find various errors to do with these privileges. Is there a better way
to back up all data including who belongs to what group and what that group is
allowed to do on what tables?

Also, Is there a way of implementing a secure way of giving this data a web
front end with a scripting language, whilst not giving too many permissions to
user "nobody"(apache)  or having clear text passwords in the scripts themselves?

Thanks (I'm sorry if these questions are too "novice"! Any generic "rtfm man
postgres*" pointers gratefully accepted :)

Ale
--
Alejandro Fernandez Bscp 5 Caledonian University
0141 586 3913 - ale@nin.cx