Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:42 AM Simon Riggs wrote:
On 22 June 2013 05:17, Amit kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
On Friday, June 21, 2013 11:48 PM Robert Haas wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>
wrote:

>>> I'll also vote for postgresql.auto.conf.
>>  Thanks to all of you for suggesting meaningful names. I will change the
name of file to postgresql.auto.conf.
>>  Kindly let me know if there is any objection to it.

> postgresql.auto.conf is similar enough to postgresql.conf that it will
prevent tab completion from working as it does now. As a result it will
cause
> people to bring that file up for editing when we wish to avoid that.
 This new file postgresql.auto.conf will be created inside a new directory
"config", so both will be in different directories.  Will there be any confusion with tab completion for different
directories?

> So for me the name is not arbitrary because of that point and we should
avoid the current choice.

> Can we go for auto.postgresql.conf instead .... almost identical, just
significantly visually different and not interfering with tab completion?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Improving avg performance for numeric
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Move unused buffers to freelist