Re: Edit grid crashes adding new rows to table with autoincrement primary key.

От David Nash
Тема Re: Edit grid crashes adding new rows to table with autoincrement primary key.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
>> Interesting. Out of interest (if you still have it), what does pg_dump
>> think the schema looks like? It sounds like pgAdmin is misreading the
>> schema somehow, causing the crash - most likely when it tries to detect
>> the primary key. One thought - in the edit grid, did the int8 column
>> have [PK] in the column header?

In fact, the edit grid does show [PK] in the column header -- it reads:

heritages_id[PK] int8

... and here's the output from pg_dump -s -t Heritages :

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
SET check_function_bodies = false;

SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;

SET default_tablespace = '';

SET default_with_oids = false;

--
-- Name: Heritages; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: postgres;
Tablespace:

CREATE TABLE "Heritages" (   heritage character varying(30) NOT NULL,   heritages_id bigserial NOT NULL
);

ALTER TABLE public."Heritages" OWNER TO postgres;

--
-- Name: Heritages_pkey; Type: CONSTRAINT; Schema: public; Owner: postgres;
Tabl

ALTER TABLE ONLY "Heritages"   ADD CONSTRAINT "Heritages_pkey" PRIMARY KEY (heritages_id);

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump complete
--

All the best,
Dave N.

--
David A. Nash, Ph.D.

OneSAF Architecture and Integration (SAIC)
(321) 235-7735 (Voice)
(321) 235-1606 (Fax)
david.a.nash@saic.com