Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare

От Gordan Bobic
Тема Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Дата
Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
> * Adam Lang <aalang@rutgersinsurance.com> [001229 05:47] wrote:
> > But isn't it recommended to run the server with fsync?  If so, you
shouldn't
> > disable it on a benchmark then.
>
> Actually, if he ran Postgresql with WAL enabled, fsync shouldn't
> make much of a difference.

What's WAL? Are you referring to autocommit? I will admit that autocomit
already improves performance so much that fsync() isn't going to matter
that much, but it will still make a noticeable improvement. It certainly
did on my system (~20%). FWIW, disabling autocommint, and introducing the
overhead of doing a select for checking before EVERY INSERT and UPDATE,
made an improvement of about 2-3 times on my application... But, different
applications require different things, so... YMMV...

Regards.

Gordan

Сообщение: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Сообщение: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare