CommandCounterIncrement

От Denis Perchine
Тема CommandCounterIncrement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

Small technical question: what exactly CommandCounterIncrement do?
And what exactly it should be used for?

I use it to see data which is changed in current transaction.
If to be more
exact when I write BLOB in transaction each time I write additional piece I
do CommandCounterIncrement.

I ask this question because I found out that when I run postgres with
verbose=4 I see lot's of StartTransactionCommand & CommitTransactionCommand
pair in the place where BLOB is written. And I have a feeling that something
is wrong. Looks like explicitly commit all changes. That's really bad...

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com