Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?

От Jan Bilek
Тема Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I was asking for these "specific/particular reasons". Im not the database
developer, to be expert on indexes (i know whats btree and hash - gin and
gist are rather mysterious for me).
Ok - btree is fine, but sometimes could be better to use gist - my question
is: when is that "sometimes"? Unless i know how to use the indexes, then
they are useless for me - am i right?

Note: We are using gin with tsearch2 vectors, but here we had no choice -
tsearch2 works only with gin and gist.

Regards,
Jan

> Am Montag, 7. Mai 2007 16:09 schrieb Jan Bilek:
>> I would need more info about index types in postgre (btree, hash, gin and
>> gist) - is there any guide that explains in detail when to use which
>> type?
>
> You use btree unless you have a specific, particular reason to use one of
> the
> other ones.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

Сообщение: Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?
Сообщение: Re: Any "guide to indexes" exists?