Re: ADO and timestamp/date errors

От Craig Bryden
Тема Re: ADO and timestamp/date errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Shachar

Unfortunately due to a Non disclose agreement that I have on the project, I
cannot send the whole table creation statement. But I have included some
fields below:
CREATE TABLE tb_Player (
 PlayerID SERIAL NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY ,
 Firstname varchar (100) NOT NULL ,
 Lastname varchar (100) NOT NULL ,
 Initials varchar (15) NULL ,
 EMail varchar (255) NOT NULL ,
 DateCreated timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT current_timestamp
) WITHOUT OIDS;

The C# code is:
string connString = "Location=MyDB;Provider=\"PostgreSQL.1\";User
ID=XXX;Data Source=localhost;Extended Properties=;Password=XXX";
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection dbConn = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connString);
dbConn.Open();
DSet1 = new DataSet();
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand comm = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand("select datecreated from
pr_GetPlayerByID(2500 )",dbConn);
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter da = new
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(comm);
DataTable dt = new DataTable("Table1");
DSet1.Tables.Add(dt);
da.Fill(DSet1.Tables["Table1"]);
dgResults.DataSource = DSet1;
dgResults.DataMember = "Table1";

The type that is returned by the function is:
CREATE TYPE pr_getplayerbyid_returntype AS
   (playerid int4,
    firstname varchar(100),
    lastname varchar(100),
    initials varchar(15),