trouble by running 'Initialize PostgreSQL'

От Olavi Tiimus
Тема trouble by running 'Initialize PostgreSQL'
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
in postgresql-7.3.4.README there stands..

8. Initialize PostgreSQL (*when running under the "postgres" account*):

    $ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data

How can I log on as 'postgres'?

If I put 'su - postgres' then it asks password, I type the password, it says - 'su: incorrect password' The password _is_ correct.

Can anybody help me? Or is there another way to run '$ initdb -D /usr/share/postgresql/data'?

Olavi