Re: Total crash of my db-server

От
Тема Re: Total crash of my db-server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I concur with this, I had *exactly* this problem.  My hardware vendor
overclocked my intel cpu, which was fine when it was an NT box because NT
thrashes on the disk.

But when running postgres on Linux on that machine (we had to put more
hardware behind NT) the hardware test utilities all showed good hardware,
but there were random bit errors that went away when I removed the
overclocking.  NT never encountered that because it was choking on disk I/O,
not on CPU cycles.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry@greatgulfhomes.com

kevin@sysexperts.com