Connection problems

От mall
Тема Connection problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Hi i've posted this message before but i'm adding new information to it. Hopefully some of the JDBC driver developers
can help me figure out what is going wrong.

"
hi, i've just installed recently installed an rpm version of postgresql (postgresql-server-7.0.2-6mdk.i586.rpm) and it's client.
I've added just 1 user

with the

unix_shell>createuser -P apprentice

and a database with

unix_shell>createdb -U apprentice papers

i created a few tables and was able to check them out using this command

unix_shell>psql papers apprentice

now i need to write a small java program that can connect to the database and retreive some information
but the jdbc driver i have (jdbc7.0-1.2.jar) keeps throwing this exception when i try to connect with this URL

(jdbc:postgresql:papers)

Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception: java.sql.SQLException: FA
TAL 1:  Database "papers" does not exist in the system catalog.

hmm, i'm sure the database and the tables all exist....  can anybody tell me what i'm doing wrong?
"

All  users and Databases, tables were created using lower case letters. I've tried connecting to other databases with other
user names but get the same exception. Both postmaster and my java program are running on the same machine. I'm using
JDK 1.3.0 from www.blackdown.org with Mandrake 7.2. I've also tried jdbc7.0-1.1.jar but i get the same exception ... why would
it report that the DB doesn't exist in the catalog when i can access it from psql???? Even the database "postgres" Doesn't exist
as far as the JDBC driver is concerned.