Re: [GENERAL] Zombie index?

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Zombie index?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I'm having a problem with an index on a Postgres database.
>
>I created an index as follows:
>
>    create index table1_column1 on table1 using hash (column1);
>
>(column1 is a varchar(70))
>
>I discovered that I couldn't actually use this index for anything; any
>query which uses column1 in the where clause comes up with:
>
>   ERROR:  hash table out of memory. Use -B parameter to increase buffers.
>
>I then dropped it:
>
>    drop index table1_column1;
>
>Now, I can't create an index with that name:
>
>   ERROR:  cannot create table1_column1
>
>In fact, the index doesn't seem to be *really* gone.  Any query which
>uses column1 still gives that error message.  Whuzzup?

i've had a similar problem -- apparently postgres thought the index no
longer existed, but the index file still existed on the HD.  i don't know if
this is the correct thing to do or not, but i just went in and deleted the
index file, and things worked fine (for me at least, ymmv)  the index file
should be located in $PGDATA/base/{db_name}/{index_name}