Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? )

От Milen Kulev
Тема Re: "Pg_restore -C" is not creating a database ( Was Create database bug in 8.1.3 ? )
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Tom,
I am  getting the commands you mention:
 pg_restore  -C -Fc tdb1b.bak  1> OUT
 Less OUT:

CREATE DATABASE testdb1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = tbs1;
ALTER DATABASE testdb1 OWNER TO pg;
\connect testdb1

, but testdb1  is NOT created ! That is actually my problem.
According to the documentation, the DB should be created (-C  option).
If I pre-create the database and then issue "pg_restore  -C -Fc tdb1b.bak" all objects
get created as expected.

I am seeing some "DROP DATABASE" commend in the tdb1b.bak file (binary format)

pg@node5#[server1] /tmp]$ strings  tdb1b.bak | less
PGDMP
testdb1
8.1.3
8.1.3
ENCODING
ENCODING
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';
false
1262
41411
testdb1
DATABASE
CREATE DATABASE testdb1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = tbs1;
DROP DATABASE testdb1;  <--!!!!!!!
false
2615
2200