Fw: Empty date

От Szmutku Zoltán
Тема Fw: Empty date
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 Hi ,

 Thanks :-((
 My english knowledge is big handicap for exact explanation......, but

 For example :
 I have a table, that store a production progression .
 All progression schema is predefined respectively  for all different
 product .

 Example:
         Record      Step  Name                          Date (default =
null)
                    1.     Order
2005.01.10
                    2.     Order confirmation                2005.01.11
                    3.     Cutting
2005.01.12
                    4.     Painting
.
                    5.     Burning
.NULL.

 When starting a next step , then the date field change to empty ( from
 null ). The operator see the progression status in the screen.  The client
 program display empty value as 'in the pipeline' and display null values as
 ' remaining steps' .
 This is an example, but I use this way often (one field, in field a
standard or two or three special values  - more explanation  ) . In this way
I can display a plus information without a plus field.

 Hmmm..... My own stupidity..., but no problem ere now.

 Thanks again : Zoltan