Error: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Error: heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  I'm receiving an error message that I'm not sure how to resolve:
heap_mark4update: (am)invalid tid .  The offending query is:

"update a set active = 'f' where a.expires < 'now' and a.active = 't' and
a.cart_id = b.cart_id"

  The error is a bit inconsistent.  Doing a select with the saem criteria
will work fine - but the select gives a few more rows in the result than
the update will when it works.  Often (but not always), vacuuming both
tables a and b will get the update to work - but again, not always.  Table
a has ~200,000 rows, and b has ~1,000 rows.  Table a changes very
frequently.

  The PG version is 7.3 on a dual-Athlon Linux machine.  I would have
first upgraded, but I've seen references in the archives to the same (or
similar) problems happening with newer versions as well.  If this is a
known issue, I'd love to hear the workaround.  If not, I'll offer any
information I can to help track down the problem.

steve