Notifications in JDBC driver not correct for V3 protocol

От Donald Fraser
Тема Notifications in JDBC driver not correct for V3 protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
PostgreSQL version 7.4.3
JDBC Driver
The notifcations for the version 3 protocol are not being decoded at all in the
jdbc driver.

Here is the unix diff. which will correct this bug.

File:
/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/core/QueryExecutor.jav

167c167,168
<
statement.addWarning(connection.getEncoding().decode(pgStream.Receive(l_nlen-4)
));
---
> PSQLException notify =
PSQLException.parseServerError(connection.getEncoding().decode(pgStream.Receive
(l_nlen-4)));
> statement.addWarning(notify.getMessage());

I am not sure about the use of unix diff. files as I have other modifcations to
this file that come before this one so below is the name of the function and
the placement in this function to identify the code which requires replacing,
in the case that the above diff. is not helpfull.

In function:
private BaseResultSet executeV3() throws SQLException

case 'N': // Error Notification
    int l_nlen = pgStream.ReceiveIntegerR(4);
    PSQLException notify =
PSQLException.parseServerError(connection.getEncoding().decode(pgStream.Receive
(l_nlen-4)));
    statement.addWarning(notify.getMessage());
    break;

Regards
Donald Fraser