Re: pgjdbc7.2

От Raymund
Тема Re: pgjdbc7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello dave,

Thanks!!

I used these code to initialize the database:
try {
/*** initialize ***/
Class.forName(driver);
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "postgres", "postgres");
stmt = conn.createStatement();
} catch(ClassNotFoundException cnfex) {
    cnfex.printStackTrace(System.err);
    submit(cnfex.getMessage(), "Database error encountered");
} catch(SQLException sqlex) {
    sqlex.printStackTrace(System.err);
    submit(sqlex.getMessage(), "Database error encountered");
}

/*** method ***/
sqlStr = "SELECT * FROM chatmsgstbl WHERE (status = 'queued' or status =
'rejected') AND location in('manila') order by     priority, date";
rs = stmt.executeQuery(sqlStr);
while(rs.next()) { /** this is line 73 **/
    /** some code ***/
}

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.ResultSet.next(ResultSet.java:113)
at com.amazing.ChatTv.ChatTvMsgHandler.run(ChatTvMsgHandler.java:73)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is it from the sql statement that I made. Because there where other
Statements that call the rs.next but does not return a null value.  It
seems that the stmt.executeQuery returned a null resultset.

raymund