RE: [HACKERS] LONG

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] LONG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are so many mails for me to follow about this issue.
For example,what's the conclusion about the following ?
Please teach me.

What is wong if out-of-line values have their own XIDs ?
If an out-of-line is newer than corresponding row in "primary" table
it's bad but could it occur ?
Because (rowid) of "secondary" table references "primary" table(oid)
on delete cascade,XID_MAXs of them would be synchronized.
Why is CTID needed ?  Is it necessary to know "primary" tuples from
out-of-lines values ?

> and/or OID of the primary tuple they belong to.  VACUUM would consult
> that tuple to determine whether to keep or discard an out-of-line value.

What is wrong with separate VACUUM ?
VACUUM never changes OIDs and XIDs(after MVCC).

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp