RE: [HACKERS] Caution: tonight's commits force initdb

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Caution: tonight's commits force initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Without taking SORT into account
[From my example]
cost of sequential scan = 1716.32 andcost of index scan = 2284.55
cost of sequential scan > cost of index scan * 0.7

It's unbelievable for me.

> e.g. 8 GB sort space. It also depends on whether the application is
> interested in
> first row (interactive), or all row performance (batch). Other DB's can
> switch modes
> to decide on the wanted behavior. So I think there is no yes/no
> decision on
> this.

We could use LIMIT clause to get first rows now and optimizer
should take LIMIT/OFFSET into account(TODO item).

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp