dblink authentication failed

От Kiss Attila
Тема dblink authentication failed
Дата
Re: dblink authentication failed  (Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com>)
Re: dblink authentication failed  (Attila Kiss <kiss.attila@dardanis.hu>)
Список pgsql-general

Hello,

I have some problem with using dblink_connect_u() in my function.
When I provide the password in the connection string, there is no problem, but when I don’t, it says:
ERROR:  could not establish connection

DETAIL:  fe_sendauth: no password supplied

However the .pgpass file in the path /var/lib/postgres/.pgpass does contain the proper password.
I have tried to connect to the remote server with psql from bash with the following command:
# psql –h 192.168.1.40 –U myuser –w remote_db_name

it works fine.

My .pgpass file does have the line:
192.168.1.40:5432:*:myuser:mypassword

It seems the psql finds the proper password in the .pgpass file but dblink doesn’t.

The local and the remote server are running on Ubuntu server 14.04, both of them are PostgreSQL 9.4.

The .pgpass file properties look this:

# ls –la ./.pgpass
-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 193 jún   24 13:54 ./.pgpass

Any ideas are welcome.