psql prompting for password. Can we suppress it?

От Pradeep Rai
Тема psql prompting for password. Can we suppress it?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,
=20
We are trying to perform bulk insert into PostGre database with the help of
a text file (containing n INSERT statements), and then invoking psql command
from a batch file.
=20
"psql -d <database name> -f <file-name.sql> -h <server-ip> -U <username>"
=20
The issue is that the psql command window prompts for the password. Have you
got any idea how to suppress it?=20
=20
Thanks in advance.
=20