Re: How passwords can be crypted in postgres?

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Re: How passwords can be crypted in postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: <ouldm@linux-at-business.com>

> I order to escape from .htaccess, I want to save user passwords in my
> database.
> However, passwords appear clear in the database.
> How  passwords can be crypted in the database?
>
> I use PHP 3.0.16, Cobalt Raq3i.

       Hmmm.... linux users that haven't heard of freshmeat.net?  : )

    Typing in "php md5" at freshmeat gives:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/hcemd5/?highlight=php+md5

  Which will allow you to encrypt/decrypt as you desire, but I'm sure there
are a hundred other ways to do the encryption, depending on just how much
strength you need.

steve