RE: [HACKERS] copyObject() ?

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] copyObject() ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

If multiple references are not necessary,why we don't allocate diffrent
objects which have equal contents from the start ?

It seems very difficult to prevent developpers from using the following
fact implicitly.
The same pointers always point the equal contents.           ^^^^^^^^

Different pointers (as copyObject() currently generates) which have
equal contents may have different contents some time.
Isn't it a significant differnce ?

> > There is a way to maintain the list of (old,new) pairs during
> > copyObject() operations.
>
> I think we'd be better off fixing any places that mistakenly assume
> pointer compare is sufficient.  You didn't say which version you were
> testing,

My environment is v6.4.2.
OK,I would test my cases again after the release of 6.5-BETA(v6.4.3?).
TIA

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp