Bug in ALTER TABLE/SEQUENCE OWNER TO

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Bug in ALTER TABLE/SEQUENCE OWNER TO
Дата
Re: Bug in ALTER TABLE/SEQUENCE OWNER TO  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I discovered the following confusing issue in CVS HEAD:

CREATE TABLE test(id SERIAL NOT NULL);
ALTER TABLE TEST OWNER TO testuser;

SELECT typname, typowner, relname, relowner from pg_type c JOIN pg_class d
ON (d.reltype = c.oid) WHERE typname = 'test';

 typname | typowner | relname | relowner
---------+----------+---------+----------
 test    |       10 | test    |    16419

SELECT typname, typowner, relname, relowner from pg_type c JOIN pg_class d
ON (d.reltype = c.oid) WHERE typname = 'test_id_seq';
   typname   | typowner |   relname   | relowner
-------------+----------+-------------+----------
 test_id_seq |       10 | test_id_seq |    16419
(1 row)

As you can see, the owner of the sequence and table row type isn't changed
as well. I have done a small patch that adresses this issue for discussion.
Please note that it breaks the dependency regression test at least:

  ALTER TABLE deptest OWNER TO regression_user3;
  DROP USER regression_user3;
  ERROR:  role "regression_user3" cannot be dropped because some objects
depend on it
! DETAIL:  owner of table deptest
  -- if we drop the object, we can drop the user too
  DROP TABLE deptest;
  DROP USER regression_user3;
--- 33,40 ----
  ALTER TABLE deptest OWNER TO regression_user3;
  DROP USER regression_user3;
  ERROR:  role "regression_user3" cannot be dropped because some objects
depend on it
! DETAIL:  owner of type deptest
! owner of table deptest
  -- if we drop the object, we can drop the user too
  DROP TABLE deptest;
  DROP USER regression_user3;

Any opinions?

--