RE: Adding YUM packages to repository

От Regina Obe
Тема RE: Adding YUM packages to repository
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum

Yah having a tagged release is a good first step.  Packagers don’t like distributing extensions without a tagged release as it’s too hard to troubleshoot if things go wrong.

It also gives a sense of commitment if the project is willing to do releases.

Last thing a packager wants is for people to rely on functionality in an extension and then the project stops working on newer releases of PostgreSQL and doesn’t want to put in the effort to make it work on newer releases.

Thanks,

Regina

From: Devrim Gündüz [mailto:devrim@gunduz.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:28 PM
To: pgsql-pkg-yum@lists.postgresql.org; Bruno Lavoie <bl@brunol.com>
Subject: Re: Adding YUM packages to repository

Hi,

Ask them to create a tarball first. They don't have any releases

Regards, Devrim

On 15 October 2020 17:38:46 GMT+03:00, Bruno Lavoie <bl@brunol.com> wrote:

Hi packagers,

What does it take to have an extension / project to be packaged and deployed across official repos?

For example, if we want to have this project easily installable without manual compiling fuss:

Or, if we want to build our custom package locally, any recipe to build an RPM from this?

So many thanks

Your project is so useful, loved !

Bruno